venerdì 12 settembre 2014

Daffodils - William Wordsworth read by Jeremy Irons




I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud  
  That floats on high o'er vales and hills,  
When all at once I saw a crowd,  
  A host of golden daffodils,  
Beside the lake, beneath the trees, 5
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.  
  
Continuous as the stars that shine  
  And twinkle on the Milky Way,  
They stretch'd in never-ending line  
  Along the margin of a bay:  10
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,  
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.  
  
The waves beside them danced, but they  
  Outdid the sparkling waves in glee:—  
A poet could not but be gay  15
  In such a jocund company!  
I gazed, and gazed, but little thought  
What wealth the show to me had brought:  
  
For oft, when on my couch I lie  
  In vacant or in pensive mood,  20
They flash upon that inward eye  
  Which is the bliss of solitude;  
And then my heart with pleasure fills,  
And dances with the daffodils.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento